After you’ve imported your podcast episodes into PodOps Hosting with the RSS Feed Transfer Tool, you’ll want to redirect your old RSS feed to your new PodOps Hosting feed. This will ensure that all of your current subscribers and podcast listings will look to your PodOps feed for new episodes and updates.
Here are instructions on how to redirect your feed from common hosting providers.
Redirect Anchor RSS Feed #
- Login to Anchor
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Distribution option
- Scroll down and enter your PodOps Hosting Feed URL in the Redirect URL field
- Click Redirect My Podcast
It’s recommended you keep the redirect in place for 2-3 before canceling your account.
Read more in Anchor’s Help Article.
Redirect BuzzSprout RSS Feed #
- Login to BuzzSprout
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Cancel/Redirect option
- Click on Redirect Your Podcast Feed
- Scroll down and enter your PodOps Hosting Feed URL in the Your NEw Feed URL field
- Read and click the checkbox next to the agreement
- Click Redirect RSS Feed and Downgrade to the BuzzSprout Free Plan
Your account will remain active until episodes expire under the free plan. It’s recommended you allow the account to expire on its own and give the 301 redirect a few weeks to be in place.
Read more in BuzzSprout’s Help Article.
Redirect Blubrry RSS Feed #
To redirect your Blubrry RSS feed you’ll want to email Blubrry support and request they redirect your feed to your PodOps Hosting feed. They will need your podcast information as well as your PodOps Hosting URL.
Here is an easy-to-use email template:
I’d like to transfer my Blubrry podcast to a new host. Can you please redirect my podcast [podcast name] at [current RSS feed URL] to my new RSS feed URL at [PodOps Hosting RSS feed URL].
Thank you,[Your name]
Make sure you keep your Blubrry account for at least 2-weeks to make sure all of your listings and subscribers move to PodOps Hosting. Read more in Blubrry’s Help Article.
Redirect Libsyn RSS Feed #
- Login to Libsyn
- Go to the Settings section toward the top of the page.
- Select Redirects on the left-hand side.
- Put your PodOps Hosting RSS feed into the Feed Redirect URL field.
- Save your settings.
- Finally, click Yes to finalize the redirect.
Make sure you keep your Libsyn account for at least 2-weeks to make sure all of your listings and subscribers move to PodOps Hosting.
Read more in Libsyn’s Help Article.
Redirect Podbean RSS Feed #
- Login to Podbean
- Go to http://www.podbean.com/podcast-new-feed-url
- Select the podcast you’d like to redirect
- Insert your PodOps Hosting RSS Feed as the New Feed URL
- Click Save
Make sure you keep your Podbean account for at least 2-weeks to make sure all of your listings and subscribers move to PodOps Hosting. Read more in Podbean’s Help Article.
Redirect Soundcloud RSS Feed #
- Login to Soundcloud
- Go to your Content Settings Page
- Enter your PodOps Hosting Feed URL in the Subscriber redirect field
- Click Save changes
Since SoundCloud has a free account, it’s recommended that you downgrade to a free plan to keep the 301 redirect in place permanently. Read more in Soundcloud’s Help Article.
Redirect Squarespace Feed #
- Log in to Squarespace
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Hover over your podcasting Blog Page title, and click the Gear Icon next to the title to open Blog Page Settings.
- Click the Syndication tab.
- Under Apple Podcasts / Podcasting Setup, click Edit Settings.
- Scroll down to Change your feed URL.
- Select Moving from Squarespace.
- Enter your new RSS feed URL in the box.
- Click Save.
Following these steps automatically creates a 301 redirect. Deleting the Blog Page or canceling your Squarespace site will disable the 301 redirect. Apple recommends maintaining the 301 redirect for at least four weeks.
Update Feedburner Source Feed #
If you use Feedburner for your podcast it actually sits between your podcast host and your subscribers/Apple Podcasts. You can continue to use your Feedburner RSS feed and just update your Feedburner Source Feed to move to a new host. This will tell Feedburner to look to your new host for updates to your podcast.
- Login to Feedburner
- Click the Feed Title for the feed you want to update
- Click Edit Feed Details… at the top of the page
- Change the Original Feed to your new PodOps Hosting RSS Feed
- Click Save Feed Details